I like to have white or ambient noise playing while I study, so I thought I’d share a list of my favourite websites in case anyone else was interested.
- Rainymood - Allows you to play rain, with suggestions of ambient music to play at the same time. Has an iOS and Android app, my personal favourite.
- Calm - A visually beautiful website. Provides moving backgrounds and an option for guided calm which allows you to immerse yourself in the music and to relax. Has a free app for iPhone. Another one of my favourites.
- Showertime - The experience of taking a shower without the water. Allows you to control features such as length of shower, size of room, water pressure, etc.
- Coffitivity - The background noise of a coffee shop. Allows you to choose between different locations such as lunchtime lounge, morning murmur etc. Has an app for iOS and Android as well as a desktop app for OS X.
- Soundrown - A website with a sleek minimalist design, allows you to choose between rain, coffee shop, ocean, fire, bird noises, or a combination of the five.
- Relaxing Snow - Visually beautiful falling snow, the website gives you the opinion to play music with the scenery, or to choose your own.
- Raining.Fm - This website gives you the ability to adjust the rain to exactly how you’d like it, with options to tweak thunder, rain and storm noises. Has an app for iOS and Android, as well as a timer and snooze option.
- Rain For Me - Simple rain effects with the option to download the audio files for offline listening.
- Snowy Mood - Inspired by Rainy Mood, this website really makes you feel like it’s winter. Perfect for playing while snuggled up in a warm bed.
- Rainy Cafe - Combines the sounds of a bustling cafe setting with the sounds of drizzling rain. Allows you to select the volume of each setting, or turn one off completely.
http://mynoise.net/ is also really wonderful! I actually love this site so much i donated money to it (and the options that unlocks are worth it too!)
And there you have it. Getting on in the game isn’t the most difficult part. It’s STAYING ON that is.
Aoi Honoo (Blue Blazes) : Best new original show of 2014 for me. :-)
I gotta watch this show
Let me tell you a fucking thing about costume design. That’s some in depth, difficult shit to learn. And the fact that this goddess can ramble this shit off the cuff means she knows her shit. ELLE WOODS IS A GODAMNED GENIUS AND IT’s NOT A STRETCH TO BELIEVE SHE GOT INTO HARVARD LAW MMMK?
FUCK YEAH ELLE WOODS OR DIE
this movie is literally about an attractive woman who loves to party having to prove over and over again that she’s also intelligent and hard-working to those who judge her based on her looks (who also empowers and fights for other women, and fosters unlikely friendships instead of engaging in girl hate) and if you don’t think that’s some great feminist shit then I don’t know what your problem is
Let’s not forget that in the end when the guy wants her again, she turns him down because she knows she deserves better.
AND let’s not forget that at the end she is the class-elected speaker at the graduation ceremony, has graduated with high honors, has been invited into one of Boston’s best law firms, and is best friends with the girl who her boyfriend left her for.
THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE FILMS EVER.
Elle Woods for Prez
shinkawa you should have known better
"I thought he was kidding, but I soon realized Mr. Kojima was serious" is probably a story most of Kojima’s staff has told.
Kojima: “The villain in this Cold War-era spy story has lightning fists and a gay lover that looks exactly like Raiden, and for some reason Snake has a mask that looks exactly like Raiden so the villain grabs Snake’s crotch and he figures out it’s not Not-Raiden because he knows what his crotch feels like.”
Staff: “Mr. Kojima, are you sure—”
Kojima: “And also Revolver Ocelot used to be an American spy pretending to be a Soviet and he meows.”
Staff: “Mr. Kojima, that really—”
Kojima: “And also we’re in a Russian rainforest.”
Staff: “Russia doesn’t have rainforests, sir—”
Kojima: “It does now.”
MY LIFE IS LIKE A FART!